[mythtv-users] Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue

Leo Butler leo.butler81 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 12:29:43 UTC 2021

Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com> writes:

> On 3/2/21 2:01 PM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
>> <mailto:jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     So I manually changed the grabber for this one show (The
>>     Equalizer) from tvmaze to tmdb3tv.  I know the metadata fetch ran,
>>     because now there is a background artwork, but it is still the
>>     wrong series.  From the log:
>>
>>     Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>>     mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>>     metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>>     /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N
>>     95205 It Takes a Village
>>     Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>>     mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>>     metadatacommon.cpp:1202 (ParseMetadataItem) Result Found, Season 1
>>     Episode 4
>>     Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>>     mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>>     metadatadownload.cpp:176 (run) Returning Metadata Results: The
>>     Equalizer 1 4
>>
>>     Something strange is happening.  How is it that both tvmaze and
>>     tmdb3tv pull the wrong artwork for the correct inetref number?  Is
>>     there any chance that there is some stale/cached artwork
>>     overriding this somewhere?
>>
>>     Jay
>>

>> Jay,
>>
>> MythTV does not refresh the downloaded images unless you do some
>> additional actions,
>> at least for the metadata for the programs to record or recorded programs.
>> Please look at his thread
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html
>> <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html>
>>
>> Additionally, the grabber scripts together with the programs using
>> them are responsible to
>> the result which is displayed on your screen.  MythTV v0.28 is a
>> kind of outdated.
>> A procedure how to reproduce this behavior on MythTV master or v.31
>> is really appreciated.

I have an up-to-date v31 from mythbuntu's ppa. I am encountering the
same issue as Jay reports. Here are the two lines from the log file
after I updated the inetref on a previously recorded show:

33166: Mar  4 06:18:33 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[103772]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
(run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 17

33210: Mar  4 06:18:38 mythtv-server mythmetadatalookup:
mythmetadatalookup[103819]: I MetadataDownload metadatadownload.cpp:217
(run) Returning Metadata Results: The Equalizer 1 4

I think the first line is referring to an episode in the old series.

There is no line in the log file with the command that is being run, as
there was in 0.29.

Leo