[mythtv-users] Tvmaze Metadata Grabber Issue

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 3 22:13:31 UTC 2021

On 3/2/21 2:01 PM, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
> <mailto:jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
>     So I manually changed the grabber for this one show (The
>     Equalizer) from tvmaze to tmdb3tv.  I know the metadata fetch ran,
>     because now there is a background artwork, but it is still the
>     wrong series.  From the log:
>
>     Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>     mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>     metadatagrabber.cpp:453 (RunGrabber) Running Grabber:
>     /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N
>     95205 It Takes a Village
>     Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>     mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>     metadatacommon.cpp:1202 (ParseMetadataItem) Result Found, Season 1
>     Episode 4
>     Mar  1 16:38:25 mythbox mythmetadatalookup:
>     mythmetadatalookup[13288]: I MetadataDownload
>     metadatadownload.cpp:176 (run) Returning Metadata Results: The
>     Equalizer 1 4
>
>     Something strange is happening.  How is it that both tvmaze and
>     tmdb3tv pull the wrong artwork for the correct inetref number?  Is
>     there any chance that there is some stale/cached artwork
>     overriding this somewhere?
>
>     Jay
>

> Jay,
>
> MythTV does not refresh the downloaded images unless you do some
> additional actions,
> at least for the metadata for the programs to record or recorded programs.
> Please look at his thread
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html
> <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2021-February/406593.html>
>
> Additionally, the grabber scripts together with the programs using
> them are responsible to
> the result which is displayed on your screen.  MythTV v0.28 is a kind
> of outdated.
> A procedure how to reproduce this behavior on MythTV master or v.31 is
> really appreciated.
>
> Roland

Thanks.  I tried the script, but it failed with

Deleting entry in recordedartwork table for for 'The Equalizer'.
Deleting coverart file '/home/mythtv/sg/coverart/The Equalizer Season
1_coverart.jpg' in storagegroup 'Coverart'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/jay/bin/refresh_artwork.py", line 81, in <module>
     main()
   File "/home/jay/bin/refresh_artwork.py", line 70, in main
     metadatajob = Job.fromRecorded(rec, JOBTYPE.METADATA,
hostname=be.hostname)
AttributeError: type object 'JOBTYPE' has no attribute 'METADATA'

The error was after it removed the artwork, so I proceeded anyway.  The
frontend then showed no poster or background artwork for the recording
(expected result).  I then ran a metadata lookup job.  Now the recording
shows the correct poster, but the wrong background artwork has reappeared.