[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Peter Carlsson peter.jm.carlsson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 19:49:25 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 02:17:48PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

> So the question is what improvements would you like to see in MythTV in the
> future that would persuade you to continue to use it? Would you like to see
> better support for YouTube for example or a better video media library.
> Better music player? Support for IPTV services? What plugins do you use?
> What plugins would you like to see? Are you happy with the user interface or
> would you like to see a more modern one?

I have been using MythTV since 2006 and mostly used it to record
DVB-T/T2 but

I have been using MythTV since 2006 and mostly used to record
from DVB-T/T2. Sees more and more need to integrate with
streaming services where you need to be able to log in.

With each upgrade, I have always felt some concern that my
working system would stop working. And often I have had to
scan channels and reconfigure channel lists.

I would like to see MythTV as the hub of a system, partly with
a focus on being able to more easily integrate different sources
for streaming services (free/paid), and partly with a focus on
being able to more easily integrate into any frontend.

Having to do the configuration in the same interface as the
MythTV itself, I have always felt like a limitation and would
have preferred it to be done in a standard desktop interface.

With that said, I'm still very grateful for all the work that
goes into MythTV.

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson