[mythtv-users] Ceton vs multirec questions

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Jul 29 02:56:27 UTC 2021

    > Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:24:42 +1200
    > From: Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>

    > You might want to take a look at my "gaps" program for how to find out
    > when it is safe to reboot the Ceton:

Thanks.  I'd actually written such a thing maybe a decade ago, in
bash of all things, to parse the scheduler log output directly and find
equivalent gaps.  (But no doubt the new logging output won't match the
format that my program was expecting, so yours may be handy. :)  I used
it to do backups and maintenance during safe intervals.  And because
it parsed the scheduler logging output, it knew precisely when things
started and ended, even if they had unusual pre/postrolls---it didn't
have to guess.