[mythtv-users] ***Spam*** digital radio alarm clock

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:38:13 UTC 2021

Hoi All,

Until last week, when analog radio disappeared, I used a machine with
an analog tuner card as my alarm clock. A simple remote boot script
that then tuned and started radio playback.
I now am looking for thoughts on how to do this with digital playback.

My situation:
- The machine in my bedroom has no digital tuner card;
- It does have mythfrontend;
- I have both a hdhomerun and a digital tuner card in the backend and
  the backend is on 24/7;
- However the hdhomerun is connected through a dedicated nic on the
  backend;
- I’m still running 0.27 under Gentoo Linux.

I see 3 possible scenario’s, which all include remote booting the
frontend machine:
1. Remote start liveTV on the right radio channel;
2. Move the frontend machine to the dedicated hdhomerun network and
   remote tune and connect it to the  hdhomerun;
3. Do this on the backend machine and stream the audio.

Any idea’s on scripts or program’s?

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens