[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

James jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jul 15 11:31:15 UTC 2021

> On 15 Jul 2021, at 6:59 pm, Werner Mahr <werner at vollstreckernet.de> wrote:
>
> Am Freitag, 4. Juni 2021, 15:17:48 CEST schrieb Paul Harrison:
>
>> Give us your thoughts on what direction you would like to see MythTV
>> take now it's original purpose is slowing being killed of.
>
> With a bit delay I remembered a little problem. I have one BE with 3 FEs. When
> rescanning for new additions I have to exit and reenter the video library to
> get the new episodes on the other FEs. Would be nice if there would be a
> signal or marker for updated collection to let the other ones updated their
> cache.

Werner would you use more words please :-)
If I scan in Videos all backends see the addition. Because of fumbles in the mac frontend which I mostly use it does not retrive metadata. My normal use is to scan and retrieve on a linux frontend and the macs just inherit the entries.
There was an ongoing issue with metadata. I compile my own be/fe a recent gil pull and all works.
It is easy to build from src, harder to package so I build on each frontend. (rather than package debs and rpm)
James