[mythtv-users] Setting up new XMLTV

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 03:35:37 UTC 2021

On 7/3/21 9:36 AM, Lloyd wrote:
> I have still been unable to scan or fetch channels.  I found a screen that says "The username is not available in the settings table."  Where is
> the settings table.  I think I just need to fill that in, but I don't know where it is.
> Lloyd
> On 6/29/2021 3:42 AM, stinga wrote:
>> On 29/06/2021 17:26, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>> On 29/06/2021 05:25, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
>>>> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021, 10:22 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> On 6/28/21 11:08 PM, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
>>>>>> So my schedules direct stopped working a couple weeks ago, and I've been
>>>>> struggling to get the new XMLTV working since then.  I created a new
>>>>>> video source for XMLTV.  The input connections are pointing to it.  Now
>>>>> I'm trying to get the channels.  In the past I have used Fetch Channels
>>>>>> from Listing Source, but that is not working.
>>>>>> Lloyd
>>>>>    tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file
>>>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/<your source name here>.xmltv
>>>> I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson.  I'll try the other one.
>>> I use tv_grab_zz_json. It works fine. I'm in the UK so "fetch channels" does not apply, the same may be true for you. You may have to scan
>>> for channels instead, even if you use cable. 
>> I used this in the UK
>> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output sd.xml
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 3 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 5 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
>> 3 and 5 where freesat dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels, I was going to get a dvb-s2 card but never did.
>> Now in Oz and use
>> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 8 --file --xmlfile SD.xml
>> (Historical reasons for this. I had a broken xmltv install that was unfixable without an upgrade, LinHes hangover. So the tv_grab_zz_sdjson
>> was on another box)
>> I ran the following first:
>> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure
>> and removed a whole load of channels in
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson.conf
>> I think had to edit the channels in mythtv using the web gui to assign channel numbes.
>> I had been using EIT but it is so appallingly bad in Oz I went to SD again when I saw it was available.

I suspect there was more to the output message. Here's the full text from
the script:

    if (!defined($username))
        print (STDERR "Your database is not configured to access the Schedules Direct\n");
        print (STDERR "service (the username is not available in the settings table).\n");
        print (STDERR "Please re-run $SCRIPT_NAME --manage-lineups to\n");
        print (STDERR "initialize the database\n");

Which says to re-run with --manage-lineups...


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list