[mythtv-users] Setting up new XMLTV

Lloyd lloydc23 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 14:36:24 UTC 2021


I have still been unable to scan or fetch channels.  I found a screen 
that says "The username is not available in the settings table."  Where 
is the settings table.  I think I just need to fill that in, but I don't 
know where it is.

Lloyd


On 6/29/2021 3:42 AM, stinga wrote:
> On 29/06/2021 17:26, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> On 29/06/2021 05:25, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021, 10:22 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 6/28/21 11:08 PM, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
>>>>> So my schedules direct stopped working a couple weeks ago, and 
>>>>> I've been
>>>> struggling to get the new XMLTV working since then.  I created a new
>>>>> video source for XMLTV.  The input connections are pointing to 
>>>>> it.  Now
>>>> I'm trying to get the channels.  In the past I have used Fetch 
>>>> Channels
>>>>> from Listing Source, but that is not working.
>>>>>
>>>>> Lloyd
>>>>
>>>>    tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file
>>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/<your source name here>.xmltv
>>>
>>> I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson.  I'll try the other one.
>>>
>> I use tv_grab_zz_json. It works fine. I'm in the UK so "fetch 
>> channels" does not apply, the same may be true for you. You may have 
>> to scan for channels instead, even if you use cable. 
>
> I used this in the UK
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output sd.xml
> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 3 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 5 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
>
> 3 and 5 where freesat dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels, I was going to get a 
> dvb-s2 card but never did.
>
> Now in Oz and use
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 8 --file --xmlfile SD.xml
>
> (Historical reasons for this. I had a broken xmltv install that was 
> unfixable without an upgrade, LinHes hangover. So the 
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson was on another box)
>
> I ran the following first:
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure
> and removed a whole load of channels in
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson.conf
> I think had to edit the channels in mythtv using the web gui to assign 
> channel numbes.
> I had been using EIT but it is so appallingly bad in Oz I went to SD 
> again when I saw it was available.
>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list