[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase failing

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:13:17 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 1:21 PM Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 30/01/2021 18:04, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> > On 30/01/2021 18:51, Mary Strimel wrote:
> >> It does not have a </tv> element:
> >> mary at mythbox:~$ tail /home/mythtv/.mythtv/FIOS.xmltv
> >> database=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect.DB
> >> lineup=VA65087:X
> >> 3rdparty-metadata=enabled
> >> mythtv-categories=enabled
> >> station-logo-order=
> >>
> >> But FWIW, neither does my working file for my other lineup:
> >> mary at mythbox:~$ tail /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Antenna.xmltv
> >> database=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect.DB
> >> lineup=USA-OTA-22204
> >> 3rdparty-metadata=enabled
> >> mythtv-categories=enabled
> >> station-logo-order=
> >>
> >> Should I just plug something in, and if so, what?
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > I'm afraid that neither of those files are XMLTV files. I don't know
> > what they are, but they're not in the XMLTV format.
> >
> > I use the SD JSON grabber myself, so not the SQlite grabber.
> >
> Those are the config files the SD programs use. The error refers to the
> XML files that these
> programs should have downloaded. Try tailing one of those.
>
> Thank you - after I run the grabber on a standalone basis, weirdly there
does not seem to be a myth tmp file:
mary at mythbox:/home/mythtv/.mythtv$ ls /tmp/myth*
ls: cannot access '/tmp/myth*': No such file or directory

However, at the end of all the messages in the console, the final line is
"</tv>" which seems like a good sign.

The messages from mythfilldatabase when run with the verbose flag indicate:
021-01-30 13:58:04.846973 I  Lineup VA65087:X is no longer configured in
your account at Schedules Direct.
2021-01-30 13:58:04.846986 I  Please run tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
--manage-lineups to manage your Schedules Direct lineups,
2021-01-30 13:58:04.847000 I  and/or tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure
to change the configured lineups.

What exactly does it mean that a lineup is "no longer configured in your
account at Schedules Direct?" I logged on to Schedules Direct and the
lineup still appears in my account.  When I tried running the grabber with
--manage-lineups as directed, I reinitiated the grabber's database but
didn't change any lineups. The grabber then threw this error:

Fatal error obtaining lineups: HTTP response code was not successful: 403
Please re-run tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups and/or
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure
mary at mythbox:~$ su mythtv -c "tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure"

I then ran the grabber with the --configure option and accepted all the
defaults, but when I ran mythfilldatabase I got the exact same errors.
Any idea on how I can get Schedules Direct and the grabber to behave
properly?