[mythtv-users] Video storage groups question....

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Sat Jan 16 08:33:09 UTC 2021

On 16/01/2021 04:48, faginbagin wrote:
> On 1/15/2021 00:09, stinga wrote:
>> G'day all,
>>
>> I struggle with video storage groups.
>>
>> I have 4 drives and each drive shows up as 4  separate dirs when I go to videos.
>> This makes it hard when you want to watch something as you need to know what disk it is on.
>>
>> I suspect I am not setting it up correctly.
>>
>> To get around this, I am creating a dir that is full of links to the original storage groups, but this takes a while to populate and does not seem to be correct to me.
>>
>> I was sort of expecting a similar thing to recorded shows, where mythtv provides a list of things to watch and I don't need to care what disk they are on...
>>
>> Any help for me? Am I setting up something incorrectly?
>>
>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from storagegroup;
>> +----+-----------+----------+--------------+
>> | id | groupname | hostname | dirname      |
>> +----+-----------+----------+--------------+
>> | 67 | Videos    | mythtv   | /sg/mv1      |
>> | 83 | Videos    | mythtv   | /sg/movies   |
>> |  5 | Fanart    | mythtv   | /sg/fanart   |
>> | 69 | Videos    | mythtv   | /sg/mv2      |
>> | 65 | Default   | mythtv   | /sg/tv2/tv/  |
>> | 66 | Default   | mythtv   | /sg/tv3/tv/  |
>> | 77 | Coverart  | mythtv   | /sg/coverart |
>> | 10 | LiveTV    | mythtv   | /sg/live_tv  |
>> | 81 | Videos    | mythtv   | /sg/mv4/     |
>> | 82 | Videos    | mythtv   | /sg/mv3/     |
>> +----+-----------+----------+--------------+
>>
> I suspect you still have per frontend settings for video directories. To find out, go to the following from the main menu on your frontend:
> Setup -> Media Settings -> Videos Settings -> General Settings
> Once there, you will see things like:
> Directories that hold videos
> Directory that holds movie trailers
> All of these "Directory/Directories that hold" settings should be blank. If they are not, they override your storage group settings. To fix each one that's not blank, use a keyboard, select each non-blank entry, press Enter, erase the contents using backspace, cursor down to OK, press Enter. Once that's done, I suggest doing a rescan from the command line:
> $ mythutil --scanvideos
> Wait until your system's cpu is 99% idle, then go into "Watch Videos".

I have no overrides.
My storagegroup table above is correct or should it be a comma separated
list or something?

I have another thought, maybe I should make my link dir the stoarge group?
All the info about SGs seems to refer to live recording and that works
just fine, I have 2 disks and it works.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\