[mythtv-users] Remote control setup

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 08:15:29 UTC 2021

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 at 23:48, Yeechang Lee <ylee at columbia.edu> wrote:

> Steve Greene says:
> > Unfortunately, my system has both OTA and cable tuners, so there
> > will be channels like "91" and "92" for the system to tune to
> > in-lieu of "9_1" and "9_2".
>
> What I did years ago is to change all OTA channel numbers. Assuming you
> have no cable channel numbers greater than 999, you could add 1000 to all
> OTA numbers: Thus, 9_1 = 1091. If you do have cable numbers greater than
> 1000 but less than 2000, add 2000 to all OTA numbers.
>

> There is a new feature in master that allows you to define an offset for
all channel numbers in a video source. This makes it possible to avoid
channel number conflicts when you have a system with more than one video
source. I do not expect this to work with channels like "9_1" but it should
work for a video source that has numeric channel numbers such as "91". The
offset can be configured in mythtv-setup in the VIdeo Source configuration
page.

Klaas.