[mythtv-users] Category Record Over Time doesn't include "Sports event" anymore

Scott Simpson simpson100 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 18:29:05 UTC 2021

That's odd. I have OverTimeCategory set to "Sports event" and it *does*
record all sports program an hour over:

mysql> select value, data from settings where value = 'OverTimeCategory';
+------------------+--------------+
| value            | data         |
+------------------+--------------+
| OverTimeCategory | Sports event |
+------------------+--------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql>

I had this set for a while and I believe I selected it from the pulldown
years ago. I set up a mythtv box for my sister and I noticed the pulldown
isn't there anymore. I guess I can set it manually through SQL and see if
that works. Interestingly, I don't have "Sports event" in this query:

mysql> select distinct category from program order by category;
+----------------------+
| category             |
+----------------------+
| Action               |
| Action sports        |
| Adventure            |
| Aerobics             |
| Agriculture          |
| Special              |
| Sports non-event     |
| Sports talk          |
| Standup              |
| Sumo wrestling       |
| Surfing              |
| Swimming             |

Because I am getting sports recorded for an hour extra for each sports
event, something is matching "Sports event" as a category. I'm in the Norcal
Bay Area and I have Comcast and my sister has Wave.