[mythtv-users] Category Record Over Time doesn't include "Sports event" anymore

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Apr 11 17:51:21 UTC 2021

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 09:29:58 -0700, you wrote:

>Running current mythtv: *20210405*1304. In the past, I set up the
>Category Record Over Time in Setup->Video->General->Advanced->Category
>Record Over Time to 60 minutes for the category "Sports event". However,
>this list no longer contains "Sports event" but now it lists Horses, etc
>and a bunch of other categories. What happened to "Sports event"? Oddly
>it contains "Sports non-event".

I do not use that feature as our EPG is too unreliable in its category
data, but I believe that the list is made up from the categories
currently in the EPG data in the database.  The list I get in Setup is
an exact match to the results of this database query:

select distinct category from program order by category;