[mythtv-users] Populating the .xmltv file for my grabber from mythtv database?

glen glenb at glenb.net
Mon Apr 5 22:04:21 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-04-05 at 14:44 -0700, Fred Hamilton wrote:
> I've got the channel lineup I want inside MythTV, but I can't
> download programming info because my entire Cable.xmltv file looks
> like this:
> cache=/home/fred/.xmltv/tv_grab_zz_sdjson.cache
> channel-id-format=mythtv
> previously-shown-format=date
> username=redacted
> password=redacted
> mode=channels
> lineup=USA-CA04459-X
> Apparently supposed to have a list of all the channels I want updates
> for.  Is there an easy way to populate the file with the channels
> from the channel lineup I currently have in my mythconverg?  (I'm
> trying to avoid adding the additional 800 channels I *don't* want.)
> Cheers
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxNjksOwiAURVdTZhI-BdoBAyfuAx6PlgTQFDRx96Ix0eRO7uckN1iILqiZJAsaQPFFMR-jMhxArk5oAysA9zALsYaFCUQKrmCeZrZlrJ5W7GS3qEE5GSUaB3wQIP0qkYFAZYIETbLde79N8jyJy1BOrTdann3vD3o9thEVl3Jx9VumGq_v8LM43RsejRz2344HP_4FYHJByg
> http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjUEOgjAQRU9Ddzbt0FJZdOHGlZ6BtNMpNAIqDBpvL4kLk796eS8_ecwhWSOKxwbR6qNVMWfrNGLdBmgctog6ogFo01EBkcQw0VgZ1Y80RzkTi8ErcjnYxmWTIgCCqR06Mkq7EAKQEaMfmB9VfargvO9dbkVOHx74Je9Lv5NrKGOZ--5SVu6Iy3MjZhKL_1mHbaVl3V__0Rc1hD0e
> MythTV Forums: http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjDsOwyAQBU9juiBY8zEFRZrcwyyLiWTsCHCk3D5IKSK9ZjSaFz2mNWrFnh4NopaLFiElbSXi7FYwFh2iDKgAXFwEEHFcC-2TEttOR-AHdZY9JCkNqJHHaIMgq4XCMNsFTDAUNdt97v3Vpvk-wWMsnfUqvHx67m9-1o1V_4Pb1ai2cf93X_fYM-4

i more or less followed wiki for
sdjson http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjrFqwzAURb9G3mqk96TYHjSEQqZ2agndxNOTZLtxnGApMcnX16VD4cKBMxxusJwoGF2NlnfMRrVG-pRMo5ixI9g13DErzxqgC62EGGumc5yElv0UZ1_PsVSDRUqKjEkBjUbZovKgCSio2GCHhNVkh1KuWeBewGHbuq71-VGGcq8vS_8rxtO44ev97fMoAD9iuV3dOpbBlbvrF_Lu-XQ5fOfLLF5B7CVVi_0rvNxyXPL26D_4A_QRRZ0
nd first got list of all the channels, then i did quick search and
replace all '=' with '!' using sed. then went back in and corrected
first lines not dealing with channels and replace with '=' the ones i
use. still takes a while but better than having to take out 800 one by
one. in my case i only use like 50 or 60.

i also used this handy util channel
editor http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjcsKwjAURL8m2VnyuGnMIotS9Dckvbltgn1IGy3-vRUXwsDAYQ4TPfYhGuDZY41o5NmIru-NlYjaBVVbdIiyQ1DKxbNQRBWGiUYGYhhp7qqZCk--j2CDMxAgkgWI2ioj0IBUUltHxEefSnlsTDdMXY_s-15N75LKq1rW4QvyPR_VpjDPNN4uMZdlZa1ijSgLX_1vfHputG7H-d_9AIObPbI have a reference
while edited the conf file for sdjson. probably a way to export from
the channel editor (which it supports) and make a script to adjust or
recreate the conf file for sdjson.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20210405/d7777b74/attachment.htm>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list