[mythtv-users] New intel-graphics-based frontend wont switch frame rates

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Oct 24 12:32:43 UTC 2020

Thanks Mark. I had libxrandr installed but not the command. Now I can
run the command, I can see that I have an X setup that is broken in some
way. Here's what xrandr says:

Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
DP1 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI1 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
1100mm x 620mm
    1920x1080i    50.00
    720x576       50.00
    720x480       60.00    59.94
    640x480       60.00    59.94
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   1920x1080 (0x48) 148.500MHz +HSync +VSync
         h: width  1920 start 2448 end 2492 total 2640 skew    0 clock
56.25KHz
         v: height 1080 start 1084 end 1089 total 1125           clock
50.00Hz

I know my TV has several more modes than that, and my AVReceiver reports
many more modes even when the TV is off, plus I have a saved EDID file
that X is supposed to be loading. The logs suggest it is loading.

I'm not altogether surprised I have X problems. I'm using my old Nvidia
config, just with the Driver setting edited from "nvidia" to "intel",
plus alterations to the EDID loading to mention a different output
(under nvidia I seemed to be using an output called something like
DPF-1, whereas not it seems to be HDMI1).

I'd try to reinitialise the X config, but I'm not sure how for intel.
For nvidia there was a supplied script.