[mythtv-users] New intel-graphics-based frontend wont switch frame rates

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Oct 24 13:14:41 UTC 2020

On 24/10/2020 13:32, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> Thanks Mark. I had libxrandr installed but not the command. Now I can
> run the command, I can see that I have an X setup that is broken in some
> way. Here's what xrandr says:
>
> Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
> DP1 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> HDMI1 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> 1100mm x 620mm
>     1920x1080i    50.00
>     720x576       50.00
>     720x480       60.00    59.94
>     640x480       60.00    59.94
> HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>    1920x1080 (0x48) 148.500MHz +HSync +VSync
>          h: width  1920 start 2448 end 2492 total 2640 skew    0 clock
> 56.25KHz
>          v: height 1080 start 1084 end 1089 total 1125           clock
> 50.00Hz
>
> I know my TV has several more modes than that, and my AVReceiver reports
> many more modes even when the TV is off, plus I have a saved EDID file
> that X is supposed to be loading. The logs suggest it is loading.
>
> I'm not altogether surprised I have X problems. I'm using my old Nvidia
> config, just with the Driver setting edited from "nvidia" to "intel",
> plus alterations to the EDID loading to mention a different output
> (under nvidia I seemed to be using an output called something like
> DPF-1, whereas not it seems to be HDMI1).
>
> I'd try to reinitialise the X config, but I'm not sure how for intel.
> For nvidia there was a supplied script.

Fixed! I read that Intel is pretty much plug and play, so deleted my
nvidia-generated X config and went with what gets installed by default.
It now works just fine.

I may need to sort out again how to explicitly load EDID, so as to get
it to boot cleanly without the AV Receiver turned on, but this setup
will do for now.

Thanks for the help.