[mythtv-users] How to remove unwanted mythplugins

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Wed Oct 14 16:29:15 UTC 2020

On 14/10/2020 16:53, David Watkins wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 14:42, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/14/2020 09:35 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>     > On 10/14/2020 07:31 AM, David Watkins wrote:
>     >> Having compiled and installed all the mythplugins from source I
>     >> realise I should have disabled everything except mythmusic at the
>     >> config stage, because that's is all I want at this stage.
>     >>
>     >> Will a simple  'make clean' and re-run of config with the correct
>     >> options followed by 'make' and 'make install' remove the plugins I
>     >> don't want from the frontend menus.
>     >>
>     >
>     > You'll need to do a make uninstall with all of the unwanted plugins
>     > built, then clean an configure with the desired ones.
>
>     and actually, might need a make distclean
>

> Thanks Michael,
>
> I'll give that a go.  I'd been reading up the 'clean' options but
> didn't think to look for an uninstall.

It probably goes without saying but you will likley need sudo or run the
command as root.

You can also just remove the unwanted plugins  *.so file from
/usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/ Any that you remove will no longer show up in
the MythTV menu's. The exact location will depend on what --prefix you
used in configure.

Paul H.