[mythtv-users] 4k on Android

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:09:04 UTC 2020

On 10/14/20 10:05 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 10/14/20 9:27 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>
>> On 10/14/20 6:53 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> Peter does the Leanfront frontend playback 4k OK?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> That is the main reason I did leanfront.
>>
>> Peter
>

> Peter, I'd like to confirm. If my Shield TV is showing as connected to
> my UHD 4K TV at 3840x2160 @60 then Leanfront will play a UHD video at
> full resolution??
>
> I just tested UHD Samsung - Dive to new world- which is 3840x2160
> Codec: HEVC, Audio: AAC 2.0
>
> It looks great, but I can't tell much difference in it from what I see
> when Android mythfrontend plays it.
>
> My old eyes think both are good.
>
> Jim A

Correct. I have some sample videos to demonstrate.  Try the sample on
http://4ksamples.com/ The sample called "4K UHD Fireworks Sample".
Starting at 20 seconds in, there is very small writing in the bottom
right hand side, which looks crystal clear in 4K but jagged in 1080 (you
have to put your eyes near the screen to read the small writing).

I also have some 60fps 4K video that plays perfectly.

Peter