[mythtv-users] Version 31 Setup Problem

Mike Carron jmcarron at gmx.com
Mon Nov 16 05:16:43 UTC 2020

I'm trying to set up a MythTV 31 MBE on a NAS running Ubuntu 20.04. I
had to replace hardware so this is a new install of both the OS and MythTV.

The hardware is an AMD FX-8350 with plenty (16GB) of RAM.

The OS installed fine has a static IP address (192.168.0.222).

When I try to set the IP and save it in MythTV setup it appears to
succeed. I can back out one page and return and it is fine but when I
return to that page after doing some other setup I discover that the IP
has reverted to 127.0.0.1. I've tried this several times with the same
result every time.

Needless to say, this is a show stopper. Any suggestions?

mike