[mythtv-users] 100% backend CPU usage

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 09:25:27 UTC 2020

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 at 09:19, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> On a couple of occasions I have woken up to a backend whose CPU usage
> had been at 100% for the past several hours. Recordings had started but
> had not finished at their scheduled times leaving me with huge recording
> files. Restarting the backend was enough to resurrect the machine.
>
> I looked at the logs, which were also large but not explosively so, but
> it was still hard to discern what had actually happened. Still, I
> encountered many entries like this:
>
> mythbackend: mythbackend[29881]: E CoreContext mainserver.cpp:3249
> (HandleAddChildInput) MainServer: HandleAddChildInput: Failed to add
> child to input 6
>
> That input corresponds with one of 4 HDHR DVB-C tuners.
>
> I noticed that I had misconfigured it by setting maxrecordings to 6. I
> have now set it to a more reasonable 2 and will monitor over the next
> week to see whether the issue returns.
>
> Hi Jan,

As I understand it setting the maxrecordings to 6 is not a misconfiguration.
There could be another misconfiguration or it can be you found a real bug.
I suggest you make a ticket for this and then please attach the complete
mythbackend log that contains the error messages.
Also the database table capturecard, you can produce this with the
following mysql command:
select * from capturecard;
and attach this also.

Thanks,