[mythtv-users] Display won't show after turning off TV and turning back on

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:19:41 UTC 2020

Hi Dan!

> I have installed mythtv 0.31 on Ubuntu 20.04, and have everything
> working pretty well until I turn off the TV.  When I turn the TV back
> on, I cannot get the picture to show from the PC (the TV shows "no
> signal").

I had the problem some time back and the ‘Keep alive” solution I found was:

In the GUI Settings under "Session and Startup":

1) In the "Application Autostart" I unticked xfsettingsd.

2) In the "Session" tab I selected xfsettingsd and clicked "Quit Program".

I have another note indicating this is the way to get to that:

/At Desktop //> //Applications //> //Settings //> //Settings Manager //>
//System (at very bottom, almost off-screen) //> //Sessions & Startup/