[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Mon May 18 06:50:17 UTC 2020

> On 17 May 2020, at 8:31 pm, jam at tigger.ws wrote:
>
> I've got lots to learn.
> I built, with your ansible script, in a new VM
> I took mythtv-31 and (sensibly) copied to my laptop.
> I ran it by cli and every thing 'worked' without sig 11. So the basic build is good.
>
> I cannot figure this out (identical to your build)
> I have configured seperate GUI and VIDEO resolutions that are sensible.
> I 'launch' the app
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic3.png
>
> I play a recording
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic4.png
>
> I exit
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic5.png
>
> Can anybody explain to me pretty please

John thanks so.

Just to sumarize

- I installed a catelina VM
- I installed macports
- I followed their instructions about Xcode
- I built with johns build script running the script (not pasting every line)
- I used internet instructions to make a dmg from the mythfrontend.app
- I copied the dmg to my main machine with retina display (without retina do no scale)
- Because osx wants to create aliases I opened the dmg with finder
- I copied the app (sudp cp -a /Volumes/YourFolder/mythfrontend.app /Applications)(YourFolder is from how to make a dmg)
- i opened->get info mythfrontend. and checked [open in low resolutiom]

mythfrontend plays perfectly but is slow to open looking for DBUS

- I installed macports dbus on the laptop. DBUS is still not found. I'll investigate

James

John's high sierra version did not scale (stayed 1/4 size) with [open in low resolution] (but it did/does work properly on my high sierra machine without retina display

James