[mythtv-users] metadata

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Mon May 11 10:49:09 UTC 2020

On 11/05/2020 03:55, Blue wrote:

>> On 10 May 2020, at 6:03 pm, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/05/2020 10:42, Blue wrote:
>>> Does anybody here know the gritty detail of meta data lookup
>>> Checking the grabbler
>>> [sandypit] /home/jam [1000]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> but
>>> [Choose Video]->i->Change Video Details->Retrive Details
>>> immediately returns “Failed to retrive details …”
>>> looking at the logs I see
>>> MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:443 (RunGrabber) - Running Grabber: /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N Coming To America (1988) Coming To America
>>> When I run the grabber with title “Coming To America” (without the date)
>>> ie /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -M "Coming To America" -D
>>> I get a xml dump that looks correct, including url to artwork.
>>> My file is named “Coming To America.avi”
>>> Who puts the date there?
>>> This is a new install, so there is no history of it working, but I have used the grabber successfully in the past.
>>> I just ran the ‘retrive details’ but nothing is logged today
>>> I ran the exact command logged:
>>> [sandypit] /home/jam [1003]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N 'Coming To America (1988) Coming To America'
>>> Usage: ttvdb.py usage: ttvdb -hdruviomMPFBDS [parameters]
>>>   <series name or 'series and season number' or 'series and season number and episode number'>
>>> For details on using ttvdb with Mythvideo see the ttvdb wiki page at:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ttvdb.py
>>> ttvdb.py: error: ! An Episode name must be included
>>> Before I grovel in mythmetadatalookup
>>> Any help appreciated lots
>> Your first check involved "Movie" but the others reference "Television". That is the difference. Movies in general don't require series/episode numbers.
> Mike clod of earth on my brain:
>
> This (cli) works
>
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -M 'Coming To America’
>
> this does not
>
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -M 'Coming To America (1988)’
>
> So as before where does the date come from?
> I have deleted all meta data
>
> James

There is a pull request related to this here :-

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/103

I already have this patch in my fork because I think it does work better
than the official MythTV code but as dekarl suggests it's not perfect.

You could help test the patch and report if it improves things for you
or not.

Paul H.