[mythtv-users] metadata

Blue jam at tigger.ws
Mon May 11 02:55:16 UTC 2020

> On 10 May 2020, at 6:03 pm, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
> On 10/05/2020 10:42, Blue wrote:
>> Does anybody here know the gritty detail of meta data lookup
>> Checking the grabbler
>> [sandypit] /home/jam [1000]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t
>> Everything appears in order.
>> but
>> [Choose Video]->i->Change Video Details->Retrive Details
>> immediately returns “Failed to retrive details …”
>> looking at the logs I see
>> MetadataDownload metadatagrabber.cpp:443 (RunGrabber) - Running Grabber: /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N Coming To America (1988) Coming To America
>> When I run the grabber with title “Coming To America” (without the date)
>> ie /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -M "Coming To America" -D
>> I get a xml dump that looks correct, including url to artwork.
>> My file is named “Coming To America.avi”
>> Who puts the date there?
>> This is a new install, so there is no history of it working, but I have used the grabber successfully in the past.
>> I just ran the ‘retrive details’ but nothing is logged today
>> I ran the exact command logged:
>> [sandypit] /home/jam [1003]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -N 'Coming To America (1988) Coming To America'
>> Usage: ttvdb.py usage: ttvdb -hdruviomMPFBDS [parameters]
>>  <series name or 'series and season number' or 'series and season number and episode number'>
>> For details on using ttvdb with Mythvideo see the ttvdb wiki page at:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ttvdb.py
>> ttvdb.py: error: ! An Episode name must be included
>> Before I grovel in mythmetadatalookup
>> Any help appreciated lots
> Your first check involved "Movie" but the others reference "Television". That is the difference. Movies in general don't require series/episode numbers.

Mike clod of earth on my brain:

This (cli) works

/usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -M 'Coming To America’

this does not

/usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -M 'Coming To America (1988)’

So as before where does the date come from?
I have deleted all meta data

James