[mythtv-users] Mythtv v30 on ubuntu 20.04

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sat May 9 18:10:32 UTC 2020

On 03/05/2020 21:51, faginbagin wrote:

> I see that the v30 PPA has builds for ubuntu 19.10 and older, but not for 20.04. Is this intentional or an oversight? I ask because I still have some old laptops that work well as frontends using the Slim playback profile, which has been eliminated from v31.

Unfortunately it's not possible to use MythTV v30  on Ubuntu 20.04
because modern distros are switching to python3 and depreciating python2
or removing it completely so some of the required python modules are
missing. The missing modules from 20.04 are python-mysqldb and
python-urlgrabber.

It is possible to compile MythTV so packages in theory could be built
under 20.04 but the python bindings and many of the python scripts wont
work. Best to switch to v31 if you want to use Ubuntu 20.04.

Paul H.