[mythtv-users] ubuntu

jameslinder0 at gmail.com jameslinder0 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 22:46:52 UTC 2020

I have always built myth from source.
I cant find python builtins for suse which stops meta data lookups
So I thought I'd try ubuntu 20.04 and install pre-built mythtv.

How is that done?

I tried to use the mythbuntu ppa but it does not have a release file and apt ignores it.
allow-insecure used to work but seems to not any longer (The man says it will be depreciated)

google says python builtins are in one of the python modulue, but they are not there.

I guess my question boils down to "how does johnny install mythtv".

Thanks
James