[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 30 12:00:21 UTC 2020

On 03/29/2020 08:20 PM, Larry Kennedy wrote:

> I'm still not sure the best way to determine the year of release for a
> recorded movie.  I don't think Myth has that information in its
> metadata. If I was ripping a DVD of my own, I would just manually
> encode the year in the movie filename as it appears on the DVD jacket.

In the listings, the airdate field (not ideal name, but the name used
due to historical reasons) is the release year for a movie. This wasn't
included in the mythlink.pl script, but since
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13213 (which is in v29-fixes and
above), I think it's being copied to originalairdate for movies (or,
specifically, if originalairdate doesn't have anything).  I would
presume this means that when airdate is valid (when it's a movie), you
get the airdate as Jan 1, <airdate>, in originalairdate, meaning the
year of originalairdate is the year of the movie's release.  So for your
movies, you could use the mythlink.pl original airdate year.

It's possible that your listings source could be putting something in
original airdate that shouldn't be or something else that prevents this
from working, but it may work for you.

Mike