[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 00:20:15 UTC 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 3:11 PM Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> On 03/29/2020 12:19 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > Note, too, that as described on the mythlink.pl wiki page in the Usage
> > section and as re-referenced in the System Events section, when you
> > call mythlink.pl with the --chanid/--starttime arguments, it does not
> > delete existing links, so you would need to delete old links yourself
> > (could be another script using MythTV methods or even just one that
> > checks to see if there is no file at the destination, in which case
> > the link is old/dead).
>
> Or, if you're always just looping over all the recordings, just delete
> all the links in the directory structure, then create all the links again.
>
> Mike

Appreciate the detailed reply.  I agree that we have several ways to
separate movies from TV shows, based on things like recording groups,
storage groups, etc.  I'll noodle on that one based on your suggestions.

I'm still not sure the best way to determine the year of release for a
recorded movie.  I don't think Myth has that information in its metadata.
If I was ripping a DVD of my own, I would just manually encode the year in
the movie filename as it appears on the DVD jacket.

Larry