[mythtv-users] Rescanned OTA channels and Lost most of them

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:05:06 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020, 1:51 PM John <jksjdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:

> v31-Pre-1967-gc3d433f7a2
> I had the similar issue with EIT data after a full rescan(for that
> source), where one transponder had changed frequency. I could tune to the
> channels on the mux and use the previously received EIT data for those
> channels to schedule but no new data was received. Note I have two input
> sources SAT and Terrestrial. I only cleared the Terrestrial before doing a
> full scan for that source. EIT was still being received for the other
> source.
> A complete deletion of all channels on both sources and a full rescan
> fixed it.
> On 18/03/2020 18:21, Allen Edwards wrote:
>
> This thread seems to be top post so I am going to continue that as I don't
> want to unscramble it.
>
> I checked my listings and did not have some of the later dates. I ran
> mythfilldatabase and it filled to 3/31 which I think is correct. I have had
> intermittent internet so that may be the cause of the initial missing
> listings, I don't know. But in any case they are there now. A few are
> showing no data but checking Schedules Direct I see that I either have them
> crossed out or there is no channel listed there. I don't watch those
> channels anyway so will fix it some day, probably after phase 9 is
> complete.
>
> I guess I need to keep an eye on my listings and make sure they are being
> updated automatically and watch this thread so see if there is an issue.
> Note that I did not do full scans. I only scanned the channels that had
> moved. My plan for the next phase is this.
>
> Delete        Scan Plan
> 4.1             7
> 7.1             12-13
> 11.1            21
> 11.2            28
> 18.1
> 20.1
> 28.1
> 32.1
> 44.1
> 48.3
> 48.4
>
> Allen
>

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:03 AM Peter Jacobs <jacobs.pj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to set up my Myth system (after a long hiatus) with the
>> latest version. Complete rebuild, of software.   I have the same issue.  At
>> one point I had OTA program schedule for one group of channels (single
>> freq.) but even that isn't working now.  Schedules Direct doesn't update
>> anything when I run mythfilldatabase, but it runs.
>>

>> Peter Jacobs
>> Baileys Harbor Wisconsin
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 12:49 PM Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am having the same issue, had a station change frequency and I deleted
>>> and rescanned and all of the channels are available but I am getting no
>>> guide data from schedules dorect. I really would like to know what is the
>>> proper way to update channels when a frequency has changed and how to keep
> [...]
Sorry about the top posting, I forget most of the mail clients just do it.
I am using v30 with latest updates. After doing a rescan, I can tune to the
channels but lost all guide data from schedules direct. When watching
mythfilldatabase I see the error as no channels found for grabber. Looks
like I need to go to xmltvids vs the direct way but good grief does it look
complicated to move over, especially when you don't want all the channels,
I have it on schedules direct with just the channels I want but not sure
how to pull that over vs going one at a time via the command line update.

Anyone has an easy way to port lineups over and save me some time would be
welcome, seems like a total pain right now.