[mythtv-users] Fixes to leanfront

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:40:41 UTC 2020

On 3/3/20 8:15 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 3/2/20 3:08 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> i have released v0-108 of MythTV leanfront
>> (https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md)
>>

>> 1. Improve and fix bugs with watching in-progress recordings: Allow
>> jump forward in all cases and fix problems with elapsed time display.
>> 2. Handle invalid hostname on recordings by defaulting to master
>> backend name.
>> 3. Fix "null" URL caused by race condition.
>>
>> Please let me know if there are any problems with it. This is still
>> an active development.
>>
>> Peter
>
> So here what I noticed. started watching with v0-108 on a 2 hour news
> program at 14 minutes into it. Occasionally I'd hit the select button
> to see the time line and again to pause it. Then I could hit select to
> continue playing.  However, as it continued playing past the 14
> minutes, if I hit select to pause it, I could not continue because it
> would think it was at the end and go back to the menu where I could
> only start from the beginning.

I cannot recreate this. When it reaches the end of the initial time that
was showing at the start, the time displays as, for example, 14:00 / --
. This indicates that the total length is undetermined. Once in that
state I can press select, pause, resume, with no problem. It continues
to show xx:xx / --- .

The moment you press a forward or back jump, the total time will resync
and will show a real duration until you play past the new end time, then
it will revert to xx:xx / --

> I also noticed that as I'd approach the current end time like when it
> was 33 minutes or 48 minutes depending on when I restarted playing, it
> would just on it's own, pause. Pressing select would take you back to
> the menu with no bookmarks.

When it reaches the prior end time and switches to showing xx:xx / --,
there is a brief pause in playback while it resyncs, but then it carries on.

Exiting will set a bookmark unless it is within 5 seconds of the end.
This could be a problem in an ongoing recording because the end at that
time may be the actual end of the program. I can probably fix this.

> I still notice occasional very small jumpiness or quivering in the the
> video playback. Only really noticeable in a scrolling text line like
> they use in news shows.  You can get rid of it by pausing or RR a few
> seconds, or restarting that video.  Kind of like how the lip sync
> problem in mythfrontend android pre-539 does after a bunch of skipping
> around; a pause fixed that.
This likely happens when you are watching close to the end (i.e. close
to real time).

> Jim A

I don't know why you are getting different results from me with this
version. Please let me know whether the issues happen while the display
shows the length as -- (undetermined) or an actual length. Also what
android device are you using and what tuner do you have on the backend?

Are you using any features like speedup? Obviously speedup is not
consistent with real-time viewing, so I have code to turn it off when
you catch up.

Peter