[mythtv-users] Fixes to leanfront

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:15:39 UTC 2020

On 3/2/20 3:08 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> i have released v0-108 of MythTV leanfront
> (https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md)
>
> 1. Improve and fix bugs with watching in-progress recordings: Allow
> jump forward in all cases and fix problems with elapsed time display.
> 2. Handle invalid hostname on recordings by defaulting to master
> backend name.
> 3. Fix "null" URL caused by race condition.
>
> Please let me know if there are any problems with it. This is still an
> active development.
>
> Peter

So here what I noticed. started watching with v0-108 on a 2 hour news
program at 14 minutes into it. Occasionally I'd hit the select button to
see the time line and again to pause it. Then I could hit select to
continue playing.  However, as it continued playing past the 14 minutes,
if I hit select to pause it, I could not continue because it would think
it was at the end and go back to the menu where I could only start from
the beginning.

I also noticed that as I'd approach the current end time like when it
was 33 minutes or 48 minutes depending on when I restarted playing, it
would just on it's own, pause. Pressing select would take you back to
the menu with no bookmarks.

I still notice occasional very small jumpiness or quivering in the the
video playback. Only really noticeable in a scrolling text line like
they use in news shows.  You can get rid of it by pausing or RR a few
seconds, or restarting that video.  Kind of like how the lip sync
problem in mythfrontend android pre-539 does after a bunch of skipping
around; a pause fixed that.

Jim A