[mythtv-users] weird behavior of timeline in playback

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 02:03:39 UTC 2020

So I've recorded a number of 1 hour OTA shows on PBS in the USA, so they
are ATSC.

Since they are PBS there are no commercials so I watched it until then
end. The total time listed in the time line is 1:00:28,  but the show is
really over around 53 minutes.  When it ended I paused and saw the time
line said 1:00:28 of 1:00:28. I could press play and it would continue
with filler material like promos for other shows. but I could not skip
forward at this point. I could stop the problem and restart and be at
the beginning and jump through it until 50 minutes and then by 1 minute
until I reached the end of the program and then continue skipping until
1:00:28. I have not noticed this behavior before.  My backend is v30
with latest updates.  My frontend if a Shield TV with v31-pre 539 which
works with v30.

Not sure if this is just a frontend issue that goes away with newer
frontends on Android, but that would mean me moving the backend to v31.

Jim A