[mythtv-users] need help with station rescan after frequency change

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 11:31:06 UTC 2020

Last year all but one of my local OTA TV stations changed frequencies as a
part of the FCC repacking of the USA OTA channels.

Today the last one switched.   I can't remember exactly what I did last
year, but I remember it was simple. I tried on my development v31 FE/BE
combo to make sure I had it right before I did anything with my production
backend.

I failed on the initial test.  All I did was use mythtv-setup and in the
input connections I did a scan and updated all channels. I still could not
receive the channel that moved.

1. Do I have to reconfigure XMLTV?  I use tv_grab_zz_sdjson-sqlite. The
channel that moved is still called the same thing.
2. I have a mixture of HDHR and Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe tuners

Jim A

BTW I did the rescan on a real TV and it found the new channel