[mythtv-users] Mythweb virtual host

Stefan Davids mythtv at stefan.davids.uk.net
Sun Jun 28 12:14:31 UTC 2020

On 27/06/2020 17:35, Tom Bishop wrote:
> I am trying to add an additional virtual host, I have moved mythweb from
> the default and thats working but my new virtual hosts document root
> always gets /mythweb/ added to the path.  Looked and looked at apache2
> to try to figure out where its being written as default but coming up
> empty right now.  Anyone have any information where to updated that
> override would be great.

What do you have in your virtual host file?  You might be missing a
DocumentRoot.  For example I have the following under
/etc/apache2/sites-available (in mythweb.conf):

<VirtualHost *:80>
ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/mythtv.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/mythtv.log combined
ServerName mythtv.netscum.org.uk
DocumentRoot /var/www/sites/mythweb
</VirtualHost>

/var/www/sites/mythweb is a symlink to /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb (or
where ever you have mythweb installed).  Then accessing
http://mythtv.netscum.org.uk goes to the mythweb site.  If you want
https access you'll need a virtual host stanza for that too.

Once that's in the file you need to

# a2ensite mythweb.conf
# systemctl reload apache2

(on Debian at any rate)