[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes, decoder errors and other V.31 bugs
glenb at glenb.net
Sat Jun 20 09:15:16 UTC 2020
On Fri, 2020-06-19 at 23:51 -0700, DaveD wrote:
> Some recordings won't play. Sometimes I get "Decoder Error" message,
> some times the frontend crashes. In both cases the frontend outputs
> a raft of error messages.
> First, it outputs about 50 lines of this:
> Decoder decoders/avformatdecoder.cpp:3483:ProcessVideoPacket AFD:
> video avcodec_send_packet error: Invalid data found when processing
> input (-1094995529) gotpicture:0
> Then maybe 70 or 80 lines (I haven't counted them) of this:
> CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:3123:PauseDecoder Player(0): Waited 100ms
> for decoder to pause
> For the decoder error, I tried switching from VAAPI to OpenGL and it
> crashed the frontend. I have tried all the playback profile options
> and no luck. I think no matter what I pick, it ends up using VAAPI
> (I know VDPAU is a wrapper for VAAPI). I also tried disabling the
> built-in ffmpeg, which also caused a crash. When I get such a
> recording, I watch it with mplayer with no problem (VLC and xine also
> Another issue I have had is mythcommflag getting hung and having to
> be killed. When it doesn't get hung, it only finds about half of the
> I have been recording most of our shows via firewire connections on
> two Comcast cable set top boxes on a master BE/FE and a slave BE.
> Lately, however, I have made great strides in improving my antenna
> system and have been recording more OTA shows. I have yet to
> experience any problems with OTA recordings; no decoder errors, no
> crashes, no hung comm flag, and the commercials are detected almost
> 100% accurately. The video is MUCH better (file sizes are also MUCH
> I have come to the conclusion that Comcast's compression is causing
> problems with the recordings. I am concerned that not many users (if
> any) are using the firewire STB tuners and that these problems will
> never get fixed since the devs (and very few users) ever see them. I
> am going to try setting up an external player, but I'd rather see
> Mythfrontend get fixed. I'm just not sure how to proceed.
> Comments and advice welcome.
> Dave D.
> _______________________________________________mythtv-users mailing
> listmythtv-users at mythtv.org
> MythTV Forums: http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJxFjMsKwyAQAL8m3ipxtbo5eMil_7E-NhZMUowp9O8b6KEwl2Fgko9M6W7E08fEzBiStRrzpAhHjeSCxuRSICILhsFkkJHWXAczLjVvQW65i-LdpIlNVAAmoMMJHLMbrSaKhEqxqL70_joGPQ_wuOC9natcP730t9zbIpr_ye08cjuu_b99AUe2NI8
i use firewire with spectrum cable box and lately i have similar issue
but not to the extent you are seeing.on files that don't play i noticed
that the file contains 4 streams (using ffprobe). the first two audio
and video,are tiny. if i use ffmpeg with -map option and map the last
two streams to a new file and just copy the codecs, the resulting file
works fine. something like: ffmpeg -i (mythfilename).ts -c copy -map
0:2 -map 0:3 temp.ts then rm (mythfilename).ts then mv temp.ts
this does not happen often and it seems to be happening on only a
couple of channels, in my case starz and tmc.
on many of my firewire recordings with no problem on mythfrontend, in
myth leanfront on android they cannot be advancedforward or back or
play from bookmark. on those peter bennett suggested to use mkvmerge to
correct the issue. on the filesgiving you a decode error maybe check
with ffprobe to see what the streams look like and see if you have the
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users