[mythtv-users] Can I setup xmltv before changing grabbers in mythtv-setup?

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:19:36 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 you wrote:

>Good feedback, I'll change the: "Users of other init systems should
>look in files their systems use, such as /etc/init/mythtv-backend"
>line to mention scripts or simple command line startup.
>
>Bottom line, if MYTHCONFDIR is in play, adjust paths appropriately.
>[.We had a user that didn't look 1st and wasted lots of time.]

On startup, I get this message in the backend log:

Using configuration directory = /home/mythtv/.mythtv

So, can I use the command line to set up xmltv before running
mythtv-setup and put the config files in

/home/mythtv/.mythv/OTA.xmltv
and
/home/mythtv/.mythv/DISH.xmltv

for example and then I can go into mythtv-setup, choose the new
grabber and then I will be able to choose the lineups I created there?

Mark