[mythtv-users] haupauge

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jun 3 11:42:45 UTC 2020

> On 3 Jun 2020, at 7:08 pm, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I suggest to do a channel scan as follows:
> - delete the capture cards
> - create new capture cards; they will now have the latest default timeout values
> - create a new video source
> - connect the capture cards to the new video source
> - do a channel scan, for receiving with an antenna the "Full Scan" is best
> and then everything should work.

This is exeactly what I've done.

> One possible reason is that the transports (transport stream multiplexes, stored in table dtv_multiplex) can have old/incorrect values and these values are not updated with a channel scan in v31. This is recently fixed in master.
> Deleting the channels does not help for this because that does not delete the transports.
>
> Another possible reason is that there are, in addition to new channels found with the channel scan, also old channels with the same name/callsign but with incorrect tuning data. Duplicate channels can greatly confuse the guide and the scheduler.
>
> Both possibilities are eliminated by using a new video source.
>
> The old video source can be deleted when you are happy with the new one.
> In v31 the guide will only show channels from video sources that are connected to capture cards.
>
> Creating new capture cards is the way to make sure that you have the actual default values for timeouts. The default timeout values are in v31 bigger than they used to be in v30 but maybe not yet big enough. Feedback on this is appreciated.

There is a subtle entry in the log

2020-06-03 10:27:29.993036 W [27922/27922] CoreContext dtvmultiplex.cpp:340 (ParseDVB_T2) - DTVMux: Undefined modulation system, using DVB-T2.

What is. even more frustrating I put my lucky-packet cards in (Leadteck that pixcelate on HD) and everything works perfectly with no further setup.

I'm now trying John's setup with 'buntu 20.04 (and people hate 'me too' type posts, but sheesh they help lots)

I'll post what happens

Thanks
James