[mythtv-users] Help, I've screwed up mythfrontend and Leanfront on my FireTV

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:37:34 UTC 2020

On 7/30/20 2:11 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 7/30/20 1:31 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I found the correct settings for FireTV 4K at
>> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3857
>>
>> and that fixed the issue. I thought the frontend would remember it's
>> previous settings, but the new backend reset them somehow.
>>
> For mythfrontend most settings are stored in the backend database. If
> it is a new database they will be lost. Also for mythfrontend on
> android the frontend name defaults to android-xxxxxxxx where xxxxxx is
> some random number. If you reinstall on android, that number may
> change. Settings are stored based on frontend name. It is best to go
> into frontend setup and enter a frontend name that you choose, so that
> it finds the same settings as before.
>
> Peter

So when I look in any frontend, I see Settings -> General -> Database
Configuration -> unique identifier.  It seems that if I set that
identifier, the database records my frontend settings in the database
under that name. When I look at localhost:6544 I see Frontend Status
that shows all my frontends that have the unique identifier set.

Is that what you are talking about??

Jim A