[mythtv-users] Help, I've screwed up mythfrontend and Leanfront on my FireTV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:11:31 UTC 2020

On 7/30/20 1:31 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I found the correct settings for FireTV 4K at
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3857
>
> and that fixed the issue. I thought the frontend would remember it's
> previous settings, but the new backend reset them somehow.

For mythfrontend most settings are stored in the backend database. If it
is a new database they will be lost. Also for mythfrontend on android
the frontend name defaults to android-xxxxxxxx where xxxxxx is some
random number. If you reinstall on android, that number may change.
Settings are stored based on frontend name. It is best to go into
frontend setup and enter a frontend name that you choose, so that it
finds the same settings as before.

Peter