[mythtv-users] Backend DB migration--replace or just restore?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 18:52:46 UTC 2020

Alright, thanks again for your patience answering dumb questions.  I have
installed the OS (18.04 since I had problems with 20.04) and mythtv. I have
not yet run mythtv-setup.  There is a config.xml in /home/mythtv/.mythtv
but not in /home/steve (in fact there is no .mythtv there either).  I am to
the point where I'm going to restore the mythconverg from my old machine
(which I have the idea I should do before running mythtv-setup).  The docs
say I should

echo "DBBackupDirectory=/home/mythtv" > ~/.mythtv/backuprc

But if I do that the backuprc will wind up in /home/steve/.mythtv (which
like I said doesn't exist)  Shouldn't this go in /home/mythtv/.mythtv
instead?