[mythtv-users] HDPVR intermittent failure

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 18:31:00 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:18 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please do not top-post. Mailing list convention is to bottom post.
>>
>> I am a Fedora user, but I know this package has been used by Ubuntu
>> users. I assume it works on 20.04 and 18.04, but I cannot guarantee it.
>>

> It works and has been tested on Ubuntu 18.04, 18.10, 19.04, 19.10, and
> 20.04.  I have built in manually and also have it building on launchpad for
> all of versions listed.
>
> I successfully compiled following the instructions on jpoet's github site
> (literally just copying and pasting) and am able to get it to compile
> without any issues.
>
> Steve, unfortunately, I recognize "it works for me" is not what you're
> looking for but I suspect it indicates you have either a setup issue
> (missing dependencies or are modifying the instructions slightly).
>
> Did you run "sudo apt-get install libboost-log-dev
> libboost-program-options-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev build-essential'?

Thanks @JohnPoet and @JohnHoyt, sorry about the earlier top-post.  I know
that's the norm but gmail works against it and I just forgot.  I will go
through the build process again.  Meanwhile @JohnHoyt I have not used
launchpad before.  Can you point to instructions for getting your 20.04
build off of there?