[mythtv-users] HDPVR intermittent failure

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 18:17:59 UTC 2020

> Please do not top-post. Mailing list convention is to bottom post.
>
> I am a Fedora user, but I know this package has been used by Ubuntu users.
> I assume it works on 20.04 and 18.04, but I cannot guarantee it.

It works and has been tested on Ubuntu 18.04, 18.10, 19.04, 19.10, and
20.04.  I have built in manually and also have it building on launchpad for
all of versions listed.

I successfully compiled following the instructions on jpoet's github site
(literally just copying and pasting) and am able to get it to compile
without any issues.

Steve, unfortunately, I recognize "it works for me" is not what you're
looking for but I suspect it indicates you have either a setup issue
(missing dependencies or are modifying the instructions slightly).

Did you run "sudo apt-get install libboost-log-dev
libboost-program-options-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev build-essential'?