[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:25:31 UTC 2020

> When I look at my leanfront screen at the top level I see a list of
> items along the left of:
> All, Default, LiveTV, and Videos.
>
> When I select Videos now I see a list of items along the left of:
> Folder symbol with no title, Folder symbol with title "The Big Bang
> Theory", and folder symbol with title "Hogan's Heroes"
> The two folders with names are from
> /mnt/md1/samba/public/media/tv-shows/  and the titles are sub-folders
>
> The blank folder are videos from either remote backend
> /srv/mythtv/videos or master backend /mnt/md1/samba/public/media/test
> videos/
>
> Note the space between "test videos"
>
> One more note. The file counts under the folders is interesting.  The
> blank named folder has 6, and if you move the cursor over and count
> you do have 6 so that's correct.  The Folder named The Big Bang Theory
> has 172 with agrees with what Windows says using file explorer which
> also mounts that directory.
>
> However, the folder named Hogan's Heroes says 336 files but there are
> 168 files in that directory.
>
> Jim A

Peter,

more testing on the folder name issue.  Noticing that in my Videos -> TV
Shows directory I had another directory for each show, I duplicated that
for test videos. Now I have a directory structure like: test
videos/Various Videos.

So now Leanfront -> Videos show one folder for each TV show as it did
before but now there is a Various Videos directory with all my test videos.

There is still a blank folder on the left side, but that only contains
the videos from my remote/slave backend videos directory.

The file count is still off on Hogan's Heroes directory: 168 files
Leanfront count is 336, which is double.  I know 168 is because all
Hogan's Heroes fans know there where 168 episodes recorded back in the
60's. Also Ubuntu's properties displays 168 for items in the folder.

Jim A