[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:03:05 UTC 2020

Peter,

More testing results: Leanfront does display and play the Videos from the
remote backend the same as it does for master backends. My previous comment
about the missing folder name may be caused by my name for the folder
having a blank in the name.  Below is the Storage groups:
<StorageGroupDir>
<Id>26</Id>
<GroupName>Videos</GroupName>
<HostName>mythbuntu</HostName>
<DirName>/mnt/md1/samba/public/media/test videos/</DirName>
<DirRead>true</DirRead>
<DirWrite>true</DirWrite>
<KiBFree>1376791348</KiBFree>
</StorageGroupDir>
<StorageGroupDir>
<Id>29</Id>
<GroupName>Videos</GroupName>
<HostName>mythbuntu</HostName>
<DirName>/mnt/md1/samba/public/media/tv-shows/</DirName>
<DirRead>true</DirRead>
<DirWrite>true</DirWrite>
<KiBFree>1376791348</KiBFree>
</StorageGroupDir>
<StorageGroupDir>
<Id>37</Id>
<GroupName>Videos</GroupName>
<HostName>mythbuntu</HostName>
<DirName>/srv/mythtv/videos</DirName>
<DirRead>false</DirRead>
<DirWrite>false</DirWrite>
<KiBFree>4294967295</KiBFree

When I look at my leanfront screen at the top level I see a list of items
along the left of:
All, Default, LiveTV, and Videos.

When I select Videos now I see a list of items along the left of:
Folder symbol with no title, Folder symbol with title "The Big Bang
Theory", and folder symbol with title "Hogan's Heroes"
The two folders with names are from /mnt/md1/samba/public/media/tv-shows/
and the titles are sub-folders

The blank folder are videos from either remote backend /srv/mythtv/videos
or master backend /mnt/md1/samba/public/media/test videos/

Note the space between "test videos"

One more note. The file counts under the folders is interesting.  The blank
named folder has 6, and if you move the cursor over and count you do have 6
so that's correct.  The Folder named The Big Bang Theory has 172 with
agrees with what Windows says using file explorer which also mounts that
directory.

However, the folder named Hogan's Heroes says 336 files but there are 168
files in that directory.

Jim A