[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 22:56:38 UTC 2020

On 7/19/20 6:06 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 7/19/20 4:29 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I used the following command on my Master Backend:
>>
>> curl --data GroupName=Default --data DirName=/srv/mythtv/recordings
>> --data HostName=mythbuntu localhost:6544/Myth/AddStorageGroupDir
>
> FYI, I did the same for all the other Storage Groups in play for
> the remote backend. E.g. Banners/Coverart/Fanart. Maybe you'd
> want LiveTV. Also, groups only you know about - perhaps Sports.
> Groups that exist in recording rules in other words.
>
> If those don't exist, everything ends up in Default on the remote
> backend.
>
> I don't recall testing the above, but it seemed like the right thing
> to do at the time.

That brings up an interesting question. I'm looking for a way to force
certain recordings to the slave backend. Stuff like my sports that my
wife could care less about and if that hard drive failed it wouldn't
affect her stuff. The main backend uses RAID Mirror for all recordings.
The remote backend doesn't. So it would be good to put those unimportant
recording there.

Could I define a Storage Group, like sports, where the directory only
existed on the remote (slave) backend and then set a record rule that
forced those to that Storage Group. At present all I've done is pick a
preferred input that is tied to the remote backend or record 8 programs
at once.

Jim A