[mythtv-users] ADMIN: emails from mythtv-users bouncing with a reason that shouldn't exist.

Stephen Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 03:29:34 UTC 2020

Found a solution, it seems that exim4 enforces the line length in
accordance with the RFC line length.
In a Debian Stretch and newer based installation, edit
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf with:
IGNORE_SMTP_LINE_LENGTH_LIMIT='true'

https://blog.dhampir.no/content/exim4-line-length-in-debian-stretch-mail-delivery-failed-returning-message-to-sender