[mythtv-users] I somehow broke it [solved]

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Jan 4 00:47:50 UTC 2020

>>> You can tell MythTV to record something daily after a certain time of
>>> day using the Power recording rules.  You may need to use mythfrontend
>>> to create a Power rule - I do not think mythweb can do that.  You
>>> write a small snippet of SQL telling the scheduler what to record. The
>>> SQL would check the chanid of the channel, a programme title and for a
>>> starttime in the range you want.  I used to use a rule like that to
>>> record only the evening sessions of Coronation Street for my mother -
>>> she was getting the afternoon repeats recorded as well and getting
>>> confused by that.
>>>
>>> Go to Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Custom Record to
>>> create a Power rule.  Let me know if you need help doing SQL.
>>
>> Stephen thanks.
>> I?ve a few power rules so my understanding bit is ok.
>>
>> What would be ideal is record XXX+15 min but it seems the scheduler wont do that.
>
> If you tell a recording rule to record for an extra 15 minutes, it
> will always do that.

Interesting in passing …

31st Dec 15 min overrun working
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth4.png

I presume that they put their breakfast TV segment on the News so 1 hour + 1/2 hour +15 min

1st Jan
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth0.png
See the 15 min overrun is gone

So after pondering I decide to use a manual rule.
Delete the rule (mythtv:6544)
All rules and all guide data deleted!

(This is where if find my daily DB backup stopped in November)
SQL fiddling all restore
Do a backup

I can now repeate: delete rule - all gone - restore DB.

2nd Jan I have installed manual rule, deleted my old rule
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png

(took pictures on 3rd, but 2 was the same)

Records for 1 hour not 70 min

Without touching anything 3rd Jan is correct

backup still complains about the target directory!

[sandypit] /store/jam [1060]% ls -ld DBbackup/
drwxr-xr-x 2 jam users 4096 Jan  2 11:16 DBbackup/

[sandypit] /store/jam [1061]% ls -l DBbackup/
total 45776
-rw-r--r-- 1 jam users 46873909 Jan  2 11:16 mythconverg-1348-20200102111627.sql.gz

[sandypit] /store/jam [1062]% /usr/local/bin/mythconverg_backup.pl --directory /home/jam/DBbackup

ERROR: DBBackupDirectory is not a directory or is not writable. Please specify
       a directory in your database information file using DBBackupDirectory.
       If not using a database information file, please specify the
        --directory command-line option.

Invalid backup directory, stopped at /usr/local/bin/mythconverg_backup.pl line 878.

No wonder I look like a dork with so many bizare errors
James