[mythtv-users] I somehow broke it [solved]

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jan 2 13:17:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 17:11:09 +0800, you wrote:

>> On 2 Jan 2020, at 4:33 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
>>>
>>> fixed all the rules and guide data errors.
>>> Now a more careful look at backup and restore
>>> James
>>
>> You can tell MythTV to record something daily after a certain time of
>> day using the Power recording rules.  You may need to use mythfrontend
>> to create a Power rule - I do not think mythweb can do that.  You
>> write a small snippet of SQL telling the scheduler what to record. The
>> SQL would check the chanid of the channel, a programme title and for a
>> starttime in the range you want.  I used to use a rule like that to
>> record only the evening sessions of Coronation Street for my mother -
>> she was getting the afternoon repeats recorded as well and getting
>> confused by that.
>>
>> Go to Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Custom Record to
>> create a Power rule.  Let me know if you need help doing SQL.
>
>Stephen thanks.
>I’ve a few power rules so my understanding bit is ok.
>
>What would be ideal is record XXX+15 min but it seems the scheduler wont do that.

If you tell a recording rule to record for an extra 15 minutes, it
will always do that.  There is no funny logic to it.  So if it does
not record for 1h15m then the only way I can see that happening is if
the end time was not after 60 minutes but was only after 45 minutes.
But that is for extra recording time specified in the recording rule.
There are, however, two places you can set extra recording time.  One
is a global setting for "soft" post-roll.  This setting will not
record extra if there are back-to-back recordings on the same channel.
The setting for "hard" post-roll is in the actual recording rule.  It
needs to be set manually in each recording rule, or set up in the
template that is used to provide the defaults when you create a new
recording rule.  So I am suspecting that you are using the wrong
setting for what you want.

The "soft" post-roll setting was useful for systems where there was no
option for overlapping use of the same tuner.  A hard post-roll there
would prevent the second of the two back-to-back recordings from
happening as the tuner was still in use by the previous recording.
Since the introduction of multirec and it being implemented on all
tuner types, that no longer applies as mythbackend can use another
multirec tuner on the same physical tuner to do overlapping
recordings.