[mythtv-users] ATSC channel not detected with ATI TV Wonder 600

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 14:45:17 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

My local NBC station (WPXI) is having a spat with the local cable
providers, and as such is currently being blacked out until an agreement is
reached. I figured that this world be a good time to dig out my old USB ATI
TV Wonder 600 adapter and just record it ATSC until the parties involved
figure out how to maximize their revenue.

The problem: the one channel I care about seems to be invisible to my ATSC
tuner. I've used the scan capability built in to MythTV, as well as
command-line tools. All of the local stations that I expect are there
except for WPXI!

The same antenna in the same position plugged directly into the TV detects
the channel just fine, in perfect quality.

One potentially relevant item is this:
https://www.wpxi.com/station/wpxi-channel-11-do-you-watch-us-with-an-antenna-you-ll-need-to-re-scan-your-television/971871289/

I'm pretty sure that I was able to pick up the channel via antenna in the
past, but that was years ago.

Is it possible that the station changed to a frequency that is somehow
unsupported by my TV Wonder 600 adapter?   (But still supported by my
actual TV?)
Might there be any workaround to get things working OK?

Thanks!
-WD