[mythtv-users] LiveTV access was working, somehow I stopped it working

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 08:29:34 UTC 2020

OK, thanks, interesting!

The problem is that column mod_sys is either NULL or UNDEFINED. In the
current mythtv master this field contains the value DVB- T or DVB-T2
for terrestrial. Your old tuner is only capable of DVB-T and then this
field is not being looked at. You new tuner is capable of DVB-T2 and
then this field is being looked at and then it is decided that the
value is not correct. It is probably a good idea to fix this in mythtv
master.

I suggest you do a rescan ("Scan of all existing transports") and this
should then update the values in dtv_multiplex. Please also attach the
content of dtv_multiplex again. This is a procedure that should result
in a working system but it might not always do that...

If your problem is still there then creating a new video source and
doing a "Full Scan" will  create new dtv_mulitplex table entries that
will be correct. The problem with this approach is that you will have
lost recording history; your old recordings are associated with the
old channels and not with the newly found channels in the new video
source.

A brute-force way to fix this is to use a bit of sql. The following
would probably work:
mysql> update dtv_multiplex set mod_sys="DVB-T";

Klaas.